Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"Falling" into Winter


Lately I feel like I don't have enough hours in a day (and yet, I know I nap and watch reality TV WAY more than necessary). It seems I woke up and Fall was in full swing, only to wake the next morning to Autumn "falling" off the grid. I was so fortunate this year to see Autumn at its finest in an array of places. And it made driving all over the UP and Northern WI (for my day job) not nearly as much of a chore. I found myself actually driving under the speed limit most days to be able to take in what I was being fortunate enough to see.

But alas, last week I noticed what a major difference a few days (and absurd wind storms) can make, because my beautiful morning drives are now barren and lonely looking. I was pleased to see some color still in burst near the bridge late last week, but for the most part.... I fear it is time to bid Autumn a farewell, and brace myself for my polite but somewhat fake welcome to Winter.

So... in honor of my second favorite time of the year.... Here are a few photos of this year's beauty from my home area, and also my drives all over the UP and Northern WI.















 Until next year...................

1 comment:

  1. WOW gorgeous photos!!!
    I love all the scenery pictures and such i love them even more because i recognize the places! (i live in chassell!) i just came across your blog from Samantha Elizabeths blog! (love all your other pictures too!!)

    ReplyDelete